Lower Extremity Exercises
Keeping your lower extremities loose and healthy will not only help you move and feel better every day, but they will also help increase the benefit you receive from our chiropractic treatments. Try incorporating these lower extremity exercises into your routine, and you’re sure to feel the value in them after each adjustment or therapy received.
If you have any questions or need to schedule an appointment, you can call 703-723-6800, contact us online, or even stop by our office in Ashburn, Virginia. Let Ashburn Village Chiropractic improve your health! You deserve to be healthy, so why not let us help?
Tensor Fascia Latae Stretch
To stretch the Tensor Fascia Latae (TFL).
- Start with your right knee on the ground and your left foot on the floor with knee bent. Rest your left arm on a chair for support. Your right arm should rest at your side.
- Pull in the stomach and posteriorly tilt the pelvis forward by using the left leg, particularly the hamstrings. The patient is then asked to translate the hips from left to right, maintaining a strong posterior pelvis tilt and gluteal contraction.
- Stretch for a total of 5-10 seconds.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
- Switch sides and repeat on the left side.
- A stretch should be felt on the outside of the right hip.
Hip Adductor Stretch
To stretch the hip and lower adductor muscles.
- Sit with your back up against a wall while maintaining a neutral spine.
- Place the soles of your feet together with your knees facing outward.
- Feel your hips rotate as your knees fall toward the floor.
- Place your hands on the floor behind the hips to assist in lifting and rotating the pelvis while gently pushing your knees further toward the floor.
- Hold for 3-5 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- You can add pressure to the knees for a more intense stretch.
Mon: 10am - 12:30pm & 2pm - 5pm
Tues: 3pm - 7pm
Wed: 10am - 12:30pm & 2pm - 5pm
Thurs: 3pm - 7pm
Fri: 8am - 1pm
44110 Ashburn Shopping Plaza #158, Ashburn, VA 20147
We are located at 44110 Ashburn Shopping Plaza in the Ashburn Village Shopping Plaza (in between Giant and VA ABC). Note: Our street address is different than the plaza name.